When I shot the crayons a few days ago, I had intended to start a theme based on the girls’ craft items. Then when I shot the dot paints yesterday that idea turned into a new one, a theme based on colors. I’ve got several ideas bouncing around in my head for this one, and I’m rather excited about them.
The first image, both because it was the first I thought of and the one I had the materials most readily at hand for, is Green.
I enjoyed making this image, both because I captured exactly what I set out after, and because I was able to play around with the off camera flash quite a bit more. The version I ended up using was shot without the flash – it’s lit by two shop lights, a reflector and a diffuser – but I still had fun experimenting. I have a lot of studying to do yet (thanks for the book recommendation Terri, I ordered it this afternoon!), but I’m at least making some progress in getting the flash to do what I want.